dimanche, octobre 08, 2006

Vacations / Holidays


Hi, I'm back from a 8 days holidays during which I went to Hong Kong and Guilin, in south china. I did a lot of things, and I'm not sure I can say everything to you. I'll put what I did here and you will choose what you want me to blog.
-First, I went to Shenzhen, crossed the border to go to Hong kong and met Pierre there.
-Then we visited Hong Kong Island
-went to victoria peak
-Visited the floating island of Aberdeen
-Then went to Cheung Chao island not far from Hong Kong (still with Pierre)
-I went alone to Lion's rock as Pierre had less holidays
-I visited the 10000 Buddha temple
-I went back to China the same way I came in to fly to Guilin
-I ate snake
-I saw the minority Show
-I went on a cruise on the Li river to Yanshuo
-I went on a little cruise next to Yanshuo to see a very artificial reconstitution of ancient minorities
-I watched fishers fish with cormorans
-I ate special spicy noodles of Guanxi province (or was it noodled Spices?)
-I went to Longji, to see a minority that still lives like they did centuries ago (no tourists until 10 years ago) that grow rice and spices on the mountain
-I ate Dog
-I visited a cave in Guilin, the elephant rock mountain, the special good sight peak with fog, the 4 lakes, the tea research center, the Guilin pearls jewelery, the silk factories
-I went back to Shanghai.
I guess that most of the Hong Kong part will be or is already on Pierre's blog, so if nobody complains, I will begin directly with Guilin... (You can complain)
The trip was very nice, and I had a great time (very expensive but good anyway).

6 Comments:

At 08 octobre, 2006 20:26, Anonymous Anonyme said...

What do you mean by minority?? I want to hear about the dogs and the snakes snaks!!

 
At 09 octobre, 2006 11:51, Blogger Moi said...

Yeah ! Me too I have to know more about snakes and dogs food ! Did you eat it as bugs ? Which mean alive :)

I also want to see the 1000 Buddha temple ! So I'm expecting 1000 photo of temple on your blog !

 
At 09 octobre, 2006 13:06, Blogger Quentin said...

10 000 buddhas, not 10 000 temples... and I didn't take all of them... just a 100 maybe...
My first post will be about the food then...

 
At 10 octobre, 2006 17:41, Blogger Moi said...

Oh ! Sorry that was a missunderstandure ! Anyway, 100 buddhas is ok for me, and I hope to see all your photos of golden bibundum here :)

 
At 12 octobre, 2006 06:35, Blogger Pellok said...

Glücklicherweise, dass es deinen Blog gibt, so daß wir den Gesicht von Pierre von Zeit zu Zeit sehen können :)

 
At 12 octobre, 2006 12:15, Blogger Quentin said...

ja weill es ist nicht einfach für er um seine gesicht zu nehmen wenn er nehmt die Bild...

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home