mardi, août 01, 2006

Beijing Trip (Day2 : Great wall)

Sunday, we woke up at 5:30 am, to take the underground, the bus, and then a taxi to a part of the great wall! Man! That was cool! The problem in China is the time it takes to drive 110km… It took us almost two hours and a half… We didn’t choose the closest part of the great wall, because those were overcrowded, and had been so over-restored that they don’t look like a part of history… We were on an old section, almost ruined on some parts, with workers restoring it. We went through 12 gates, and that was some sport… It was so hot over there! Just look at the pictures, you’ll see how hard it was! I even bought a hat in order not to be sunstroke… (the price was about 1/30 of the last hat I had bought). On the way down, Tessa and I chose to use the attraction of the place, by going down a Tyrolean. That was funny, and not scary at all as long as I didn’t look at the wheel… Our taxi driver was waiting for us down there (he has waited for us during four hours, according to the plan) and we went back to Beijing the same way, backwards (Taxi, bus, underground). We slept well again that night…

5 Comments:

At 02 août, 2006 18:22, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Why are you admiring the chinese hot dog that much?

 
At 02 août, 2006 20:51, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I had the same question! And can't you dress properly? ;o)
Nice hat by the way!

 
At 03 août, 2006 06:01, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Well look at his pants! I think he's imitating something...
Otherwise say 'Hi' to Lumix, he seems to be doing a good job! Haven't seen Coolpix yet...

 
At 03 août, 2006 09:13, Blogger Quentin said...

It was so hot up there! I couldn't dress properly... I wouldn't have had enough of 2 liters if I had kept my T-shirt on... The "chinese hot dog" had such a strange taste, and for that special one I was named as the taster, so did I... nobody else ate one...

 
At 04 août, 2006 23:06, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Ohh... I was also curious, but couldn't find the explanation in the post (so I am not the only one that sets pictures without the proper text eh!!)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home