mardi, août 01, 2006

Beijing trip (Day3 : Forbidden City)

We left the hotel at 7am for Tiananmen public square, went round the square in 10 minutes (the largest public square in the world) and went straight to the forbidden city. We passed some people selling umbrellas for 10 Yuen (~$1.10) and bought some tickets while it began to rain… Sent Tessa to buy some umbrellas while queuing for the tickets, and finally went in the Forbidden City. I let you enjoy the pictures in music…

Du Du Du Du Du Du Du Du Du
Du Du Du Du Du Du Du Du Du

I´m singin´ in the rain
Just singin´ in the rain,
What a glorious feeling,
And I´m happy again.
I´m laughing at clouds
So dark, up above,
The sun´s in my heart

And I´m ready for love.

Let the stormy clouds chase.
Everyone from the place,

Come on with the rain
I have a smile on my face.
I´ll walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin', singin' in the rain.


Dancing in the rain.

I'm happy again.

I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain.

Dancin' and singin' in the rain.

After that, we ate, and then visited the “round city”, that was close to the Forbidden City but far less crowded. It was good too, there was a park just behind, a big one. It’s so nice to have such a big calm place in a city… We went down the park and at 5 o’clock, we left for the airport, where we had to be very early, as Tessa had lost her ticket. Because of stormy sky we left later than what we should have, and arrived at 1am in the apartment in Shanghai… I’m working today and I’m a little tired…

6 Comments:

At 04 août, 2006 01:52, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Thanks for the music! Sounds great with those picture, but where is the movie of the dancing? ;o) Not that much 'forbiden' if you can buy tickets to enter, by the way (ah ah ah).

 
At 04 août, 2006 04:08, Blogger Quentin said...

We can enter, but when we are in, it rains! Taht is a malediction I'm sure! If it hadn't been forbiddent, we would have had a sunny sky...
I have tried to find the extract of the movie on Youtube to put there, but it was nowhere to be found (only the remixed version)

 
At 04 août, 2006 23:02, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Hey! Didn't know you sing that well ;). So you are actually working? I thought you were on holidays...jijiji.

 
At 07 août, 2006 12:14, Blogger Quentin said...

It's a song that popped out of my mind during the visit of the forbidden city... I don't know how and why... ;-)

 
At 08 août, 2006 01:31, Anonymous Anonyme said...

You know, if we just want to see the pictures of the forbidden city, we could get some better postcard pictures.... Where are you?

I had this critique when I shared my pictures from my trips, and I couldn't wait to pass it on to you:)

 
At 08 août, 2006 05:14, Blogger Quentin said...

That's a good point, but it is done on purpose (hummm) so that you get used to not seeing me anymore on the pictures. (As Pierre and Camille are going away from Shanghai, I won't be able to do pictures of myself very often) ;-)

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home