vendredi, décembre 01, 2006

retour au fabric market

I'm sorry for the previous article, but I had to do come back, and it was hard enough to write it in french. So this one is for you, english speakers!
So now is the second day! We went to a place I love: the fabric market! (Actually, I was not the only one to love it that day) but first things first, my memory is not so good, and the older I get, the worse it will become! (I know I still have time before my brain gets damaged by the old age, but we never know!) :o) So I don't remember if we went to the fake market on sunday evening or on monday morning...

First impression: it's not as good as expected, the handbags are not of a good quality, and so are the clothes... Only the shirt buttons catch their attention. After one week, they'll finally go home with more than 4 of those fake bags, wallets, 2 sweaters... It's not so bad...

Then, we went to eat, somewhere I didn't know, and then went to the fabric market! That day, I established my new time record in the category "shopping in the fabric market" that was of about 3 hours and I made it up to 4 hours of intensive shopping, bargaining, trying, and buying! Cool! I won't say what they bought, but they bought a lot of it! (more than me!) and I only bought two new shirts and one new pair of pants.

For the rest of the week, I was at work and they were on their own, I only interfered in their departure to Zhujiajiao on tuesday morning to take the bus, but for everything else, they did everything on their own! Full of resources!

Next post, I will tell you about the week end in Hangzhou, all three of us. I know this is not the most interesting article I've ever written, but at least it's better than nothing, right?

5 Comments:

At 04 décembre, 2006 07:50, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Right! And you are posing as usual...

 
At 04 décembre, 2006 17:18, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I would definitely agree it is better than nothing:) I went to those silk markets before, and I bought a lot, which I regretted afterwards. Glad you like them, though:) I like the pictures. Especially the one with the men in the rain. You put some artistics into something I see all the time. Fresh angle. I guess everything can be art.

 
At 06 décembre, 2006 12:18, Blogger Moi said...

Huuuuuu, I will say the contrary ! Sometimes, nothing is better :p For example on my blog, I only publish exeptionnal post because readers are expecting only the best :p

Ok ok I'm not yet the New York Times boss but maybe one day... Mmmm or not !

By the way, that's still cool to have some english news to practise a little un petit peu.

And congratulation for your new shopping record, mine should be 10 or 15 min max ! :D

 
At 08 décembre, 2006 18:45, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I don't want to be argumental here, however, it is a French tradition to debate over nothing:) As for the question whether something is better than nothing, I think it depends on the readers. If the reader has plenty of time to waste, sitting around doing nothing, and solely looking for entertainment, anthing is good (no offense, Quentin, on the quality of your last article:). However, if someone is busy with his time, and won't settle down with anything less than perfect, maybe nothing is better:)

 
At 09 décembre, 2006 02:40, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Et quand est-ce que tu fais un post en chtimi? Hein?

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home